Monday 9 July 2012

Game: Diablo III (2012)

Diablo III (2012)
Action, Role Playing Game (RPG)


If you're like me and are one of the millions of people who played D1 & 2 growing up, then you have been waiting impatiently for the last 10 years for Blizzard to stop upgrading WoW and release Diablo 3! Finally, we have it!

I was one of the lucky ones and managed to get my hands on a BETA copy of D3 before the open weekend and was overjoyed to find that they hadn't changed the game itself too much. It's the same run-in and bash 'em Diablo! Hooray!

What I want to know is, why did it take them so long to release this game? We've been crying out for a pay-once-n-play-forever game (though I 'spose they did release SC2 in the meantime...)! WoW is a good RPG and all, but I got sick of forking out cash every month to play. D3 has the potential to have expansions ala WoW, which I would be more than happy to pay for considering how short the game itself is.

If it weren't for the 4 difficulty levels I would have finished this game in the first few days, like many many other players. I ran normal mode with two friends in 7 hours; that's how short it is. Having said that, I got to Hell and had to spend gold in the auction house to gear up in order to play. Hell is where it gets really interesting, you actually start dying! Cannot wait to get to Nightmare!

I rolled a Monk, like most people considering it was the new Class option. Unlike most people however, because I played the BETA, I knew the monk was the best character class! My alternative character is a Witch Doctor but I'm not really a fan of it after playing the monk. WD is a long range and the monk is short so I had a few troubles switching between the two.

Cinematics are awesome! I wish there were more! The angels remind me of Evangelion and actually, when I first watched the trailer above I thought it was a fan-made from Evangelion / LOTR / old Diablo clips! Story line is great even if it is too short for my liking. Playing multi-player is the same as it always was; monsters increase strength with each team member, split loot, easy transfers between characters. There's a few handy tricks you pick up as you play; such as shift to shoot without moving, the order of your spell bars and spells themselves, etc.

Very addictive! Very much like old Diablo and I will definitely keep playing! Highly recommend if you like RPGs.

5 out of 5 Deckard Cain's...


No comments:

Post a Comment