Wednesday 11 December 2013

TV: Sleepy Hollow SE1 EP10

Sleepy Hollow
Adventure, Drama, Fantasy


Ten episodes for a first season is not enough to get a good grasp on what is going on, in my opinion. We all know I prefer longer seasons though, don't we? I was recommended this show by the girls from book club. We enjoy this style of fantasy show and I have to admit it's not terrible. It could quite easily be extremely corny but somehow it manages to pull it off...just.

Loosely based off of the 1820 short story by Washington Irving The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Swoon-worthy Ichabod Crane - played by Tom Mison (One Day) - is resurrected by his long dead witch wife, Katrina (Katia Winter) after 200 odd years in the grave, in order to battle a demon Moloch and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Ichabod and his police officer partner Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) are called as Witnesses to the Apocalypse... which means what exactly? We don't really know just yet.

Honorable mentions to John Noble (Lord of the Rings) who features in a few episodes and plays a Sin Eater and Orlando Jones (Evolution) who plays Abbie's boss and captain.

This season didn't really resolve anything for me. Sure we found out about Ichabod and Katrina's son - I have a feeling that is not the last we will see of him - but there was only that tiny part about Moloch and nothing more about the Four Horsemen. That disappointed me. As far as finales go, it was pretty poo but I don't mind the show...

2 out of 5 headless horsemen...

No comments:

Post a Comment