Wednesday 4 June 2014

Movie: The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro
Action, Adventure, Fantasy


I actually really enjoyed the first one of these and was surprised to hear some people though it was crap. Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) as Peter Parker is funny! He has this wicked sense of humour I love in the character. Then there were people bitching about how they've just made the Spider-Man movies and why remake it again... but this is a different time in Peter Parker's life and Tobey Maguire did pull out so they had to remake it if they wanted to make any Spiderman movies at all, so yer. *shrugs*

Shall we talk about Mary-Jane (Shailene Woodley) who was supposed to be in the movie but had all her scenes cut? I saw a few interviews about why that happened and they pretty much said they didn't want Peter to look like a sleezy player. We all know that Peter and Mary-Jane have this thing going on later but right now it's all about Gwen and to introduce another love interest into it would distract from the Gwen storyline, and gosh are they cute together. I've got such a huge girl-crush on Emma Stone and everything she does. It is unfortunate we didn't get to see Mary-Jane in this one but we will see her eventually.

I'm a little disappointed in Jamie Foxx.. I don't know why... maybe because Django Unchained was so good and this role is so different. Dane DeHann on the other hand, wow! He is amazing, every role I see him in just gets better and better; Chronicle, Kill Your Darlings and now this. I also LOVE that Stan Lee appears in all of the Marvel movies, it's always makes me laugh to see him.


I do love superhero movies!

4 out of 5 spiders on drugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment