Friday 29 June 2012

Charlie Sheen's Anger Management

I thought I'd start with something fresh and the only thing I could see today was this. I had absolutely no idea what to expect as I'd only seen that stupid 10 second teaser that tells you absolutely nothing except the well known main actor and the name.... this is all Anger Management needed.

So I googled the show.... apparently its supposed to be based on the 2003 movie Anger Management. You know, the one with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson? Huge hit, love Adam Sandler, yadda yadda.

After the craziness of his drunken hooker scandals, getting fired from Two & A Half Men, tigerblood and #winning, absolutely anything that Charlie Sheen decided to do next was going to have some margin of success. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm well enthralled by his antics and had resolved to watch at least the first few episodes of his new show.

Being in Australia, I heard reviews before I saw the show, and everything I saw was good - that might be because I follow Charlie on twitter though...

On to the show!

The opening scene had me right away. What the hell is this? I was thinking. For half a second I thought it was a Jerry Springer type show and god knows that would have been a disaster and everyone would have watched it happen because you all know that we love a big fat drama, don't we? But it's not. This show is typical Charlie Sheen. Awesome! 

In the first 2 minutes he acknowledges his firing from Two & A Half, acting exactly as we all pictured he would have on hearing the news and then turns the entire scene into the introduction for the show. It's as if he's taken Charlie from Two & A Half and transferred him into a new show. There's the awkward gay guy who could be misconstrued as Alan, the old fatherly type figure in the place of the mother, some other strange dude and the OCD daughter who's obviously the half.

What would the show be without a hot chick for Charlie to banter with. His characters name is even Charlie, which Luke pointed out to me is because he can't play anyone else can he?

Besides Charlie, there's Selma Blair, that chick from Becker, and I have no idea who the boyfriend - Sean? Statistics guy? - is but I've seen him somewhere before, someone remind me!

Overall, it's ok, I'll watch it. It's pretty much the same as Two & A Half with all the corny jokes and of course Charlie. I watched episode one and two and I'll probably continue to watch it... maybe even review it again...

3 out of 5 Charlies for nostalgic's sake...


- G 



No comments:

Post a Comment