Saturday 28 July 2012

Movie: Gone (2012)

Gone (2012)
Drama, Thriller


I've been sitting on this review for a while now because originally, I didn't think this movie was that good... but a week after watching it, I'm still thinking about it and I don't know about the rest of you guys, but that tells me something.

It's the story of Jill - Amanda Seyfried (Mumma Mia!, In Time) - who was abducted from her bed and thrown in a hole in the middle of the woods... thing is, she escapes. She's found by a hiker, covered in dirt, wandering the bush and when she reports it to the police they search the woods. Unfortunately, it's a large area and they find nothing so are sceptical as to whether she was actually abducted or not.

So, we spend the rest of the movie wondering whether she's telling the truth and the cops are just hopeless or if she's completely cray-cray. It really could go either way. I was also picking guys the whole way through who could have been the abductor and was really disappointed when we finally see him and he's no one we recognise.... they could have made it that random cop!

Other than Seyfried, the only other recognisable actress is Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter) as the best friend.

There were quite a lot of random scenes that seemed to mean nothing and the plot was unhurried even though it seemed like it should have been a bit more frantic... I don't know, there was something weird about it.... I will probably watch it again, just for the fact that I can't stop thinking about it...

3 out of 5 Guatemalan sink holes...

No comments:

Post a Comment