Thursday 26 July 2012

Movie: Ted (2012)

Ted (2012)
Comedy, Fantasy


Hell yes! Who has not wanted to see this movie since the first time they saw a preview? Starring Mark Wahlberg (The Fighter, Entourage), Mila Kunis (Black Swan, That '70s Show)  and Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy) as the hilariously obnoxious Ted! He's cute, furry and one rude son of a bear... He's Ted!

Now, I had such high expectations of this film that I think they spoilt it for me. I'm not a fan of Family Guy or American Dad (I know this disappoints some of you but really, it is pretty crap...); the jokes are just not that funny to me... But the previews of Ted had me in fits of laughter and I was really looking forward to watching it...

What ruined it for me? Well, the funniest parts are all in the preview... there are no other parts of the film that are as funny as those few snippets we've all already seen. I hate it when films do this! *rages* There is a plot... which I had to admit, I wasn't expecting...

So Ted has been brought to life by the Christmas wish of one lonely little Marky Mark. He starts off as a cute, cuddly teddy bear and of course as little Mark grows up, so does Ted into a pot smoking, creepy, leery.... Ted.

But there are other even creepier characters, that's right! Joel McHale (The Soup, Community) is Kunis' sleezy boss, Rex, and doesn't he just do it so well? Giovanni Ribisi (Avatar, Saving Private Ryan) is the super weird Ted stalker while Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement) and Ryan Reynolds' (Safe House, Green Lantern) quick peck on the lips was one of the highlights for me. Other than the previews, the funniest bit was the voice over's rambling side tracks about awesome toys and the like.

It's still worth the watch and I will sing the Thunder Buddy Song whenever there is a storm now... I just wish it had been funnier.... *sigh*

3 out 5 living toys...

Fave Bit - Mark Wahlberg knocking out a guy with a mic stand *snickers* 

No comments:

Post a Comment