Monday 30 July 2012

Movie: Lockout (2012)

Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi


Guy Pearce (The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert)! I did a little squee when I heard about this. Where has this awesome Aussie been and boy does he look buff! I'm also a fan of Maggie Grace since her amazing performance in Taken with Liam Neeson  - seriously, if you've not seen this film get onto it!

Joseph Gilgun was fantastic! Best part of the whole film! I knew I recognised him from somewhere; he's the new guy on Misfits, Rudy - another awesome show you should see if you haven't already. 

Even in saying that though, this film is pretty terrible... so I thought the first time round anyway... Watching it again was not my idea of a good time, but I did understand a bit more the second time around. The major backing plot line actually made a more sense.

The opening scene has more CGI than a video game, seriously! Though the fight scene was pretty awesome...

The rest is fairly typical except for the fact that the high security prison is in outer-freaking-space! Nutters! Who's fantastic idea was that? Of course the prisoners escape their confinement and riot throughout the entire space station while the President's daughter just happens to be there, of course. So they send in Guy to rescue her.

I don't get how sending prisoners into outer space and putting them to sleep - or in stasis - for their sentence. How does that teach them anything? Oh, you murdered someone, we'll just put you to sleep for 25 years but it will only seem like a second to you. Mmm, punishment equals 25 years of sleep, thanks! I 'spose they would still lose that 25 years...

Meh, it was ok. I wasn't overly impressed.

2 out of 5 ball and chains...

Movie Quote: "Here, shoot them will you... Jesus, I thought you were a democrat."

No comments:

Post a Comment