Wednesday 18 July 2012

TV: LA Complex SE2 EP1

The LA Complex
Drama


I love this show and I'm so glad it's back for a second season so soon after the first. It's a pretty obscure Canadian show and I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard about it until now. I found out about it from Jewel Staite (Firefly) on Twitter and immediately went and watched the six episodes of the short season one. After that I was a bit sad because I wasn't sure it would be renewed...but low and behold! Here we are! Yay!

When I first started watching it I thought it was going to be one of those lame comedies... but its actually really quite good! Based around a block of flats in LA that are filled with wanna-be actors and actresses, it tells some great stories of the less glamorous side of show business; the auditions, struggling to books jobs and pay the rent.

I thought the characters were a bit flimsy at first but coming into this second season I see the more serious side of them and I care about them.

The whole situation between the King (Andra Fuller) and Tariq (Benjamin Charles Watson) has always been so damn tragic. I get why King doesn't want to come out of the closet, how many gay/bi rappers do you know of? But there is something seriously wrong with him to be able to smash Tariq like that. What a way to leave off last season! Tariq reacted exactly the way he should have, I'm proud of him but so sad for him too. Not only has he lost the guy he loves but now he's moving home and leaving all his friends and his career too. I am especially glad that his boss Dynasty (Dayo Ade) knows what actually happened.

Poor Nick Wagner (Joe Dinicol)! The interview scene made me laugh something fierce! Sabrina (Georgina Reilly) is great, I love her dry sense of humour. Can't wait to see what goes on between those two in the coming season. But what about Abby (Cassie Steele)? He didn't tell her that they would be working together... is she gonna flip when she finds out?

And Connor (Jonathan Patrick Moore - Who's an Aussie!). Why has no one noticed how lonely that poor fella is? He burnt down his own freakin' house for goodness sake! I am glad that he and Raquel (Staite) are finally official, that boy needs someone and so does Raquel. What's she going to do about the baby?

Alicia's (Chelan Simmons) gone, Tariq's gone. The two new kids are moving in I'm assuming... Who are they? Did they run away from home or do they just not have one? And if they did run away, does that mean someone will recognise Simon from the commercial? I love new characters but I hope that's not the last we see of Alicia and Tariq.

I loved the live band in last season and did you notice that they changed this season? Anyone know the names of both bands? I'm always after new music.

Sooo excited about this show being back! But you can probably tell that from the length of this post...

5 out of 5 bling chains...

No comments:

Post a Comment