Monday 1 October 2012

TV: Dexter SE7 EP1

Dexter
Crime, Drama, Mystery


What a great week for TV. Stay tuned for lots of TV reviews coming shortly, they might even overtake my movie reviews! *gasp* This is one of the shows I've been waiting for, in fact I'm always waiting for it to start back up again. Sign of a good show, right?

I've watched Dexter from the very beginning but I haven't read any of the books by Jeff Lindsay that the show is based on. I have since added them to my Goodreads list! I re-watched the first season recently and you know what? It's been a fantastic show from the start! If you don't already watch this show, start now!

Last season was one of my favourite... Well, that's a lie because I just cannot figure out which season is better... I still think the Ice Truck Killer is one of the best seasonal arcs I've ever seen, that's why I decided to watch season one again recently. I'm glad I did because this episode flashes back a bit on it and it was nice to have it fresh in my memory.

What a cliffhanger to leave last season on! Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) walking in on Dexter (Michael C. Hall) as he was killing Travis (Colin Hanks)! Other shows please take note; this is how you end a season! We've spent the last few months trying to figure out how Deb will react to this... anyone get it right? I know I didn't, I thought she would have dobbed him in already.

I don't know how Dex thought he could get away with it Deb not knowing... she's a detective dude! Come on! After he made up that bogus story she just watched him until she put it all together. Now we have another cliffy almost the same as the previous one...Deb has found Dex's murder kit and trophy box, he's admitted to her that he's a serial killer... now what?! I saw a bit of the preview for the next episode and apparently he explains that Harry (James Remar) taught him everything... like that's not going to shock Deb!

Not only do we have to worry about what Deb will do now, but LaGuerta (Lauren Velez) has the slide that Dexter took from Travis and she knows what it signifies... will she put all the pieces together? Or will Dex find yet another way to divert the attention to someone else? Will Deb come out when she realises what LaGuerta found? What I want to know is why LaGuerta stole the slide from Masuka's (C.S. Lee) lab? She's not the type of cop to cover things up and so she would have to know that Sgt. Doakes (Erik King) didn't do it... does she now suspect that Doakes wasn't the Bay Harbour Butcher?

So excited for what's happening this season! Bring it on!

4 out 5 blood spatters...
[Quote]
Debra: Did you kill all these people?
Dexter: I did.
Debra: Are you...Are you a serial killer?
Dexter: Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment