Tuesday 2 October 2012

TV: LA Complex SE2 EP13

LA Complex
Drama


I wasn't going to review this ep because I think I've done this entire season now... but you guys know how much I love this show and this is the finale, so I couldn't resist!

What the hell was Charlotte (Tori Anderson) doing kissing Connor (Jonathan Patrick Moore)?!? I thought during that scene that she was leaning into it.. then I thought 'No! That's Connor's sister!" and then she did it anyway....woah! It made me think a little more about her... Like maybe my initial thought was right and she's not actually Connor's sister.  A few other things have happened around the Church that make me wonder as well; like the famous guy in the lobby after Connor found out about the aliens and volcanoes. It's all a bit too convenient and I have this horrible feeling that it's all been set up by the Church to get Connor and his money... Oh, and I think Charlotte, who is not actually his sister, is now in love with him and that's why they have to be kept apart...

Infinite Jest (Stephan James) is back, didn't think he'd stay away for long... I have to admit that I thought he'd end up being a regular character next season, did not see this plot twist coming...at least, not all of it. I knew that he would find out about Kaldrick (Andra Fuller), someone had to and he was on a mission to get at him somehow. He's such a little shit head, I wanted to kick his ass so bad and I'm really surprised that Kal didn't fuck his shit up. Poor Kal, him and Walter (Eugene Clark) were just starting to get to know each other, what a heartbreaking scene. At least Christopher (Jarod Joseph) is there with him and he's going to need him after the release of that letter. Very Frank Ocean there writers!

Raquel (Jewel Staite) is sleeping with the boss Mark (Jeremy Guilbaut), no surprise there either, and we all knew that someone was going to get busted for the skimming, I just thought it would be Raquel or Manny (Matthew Owen  Murray) not Mark...

Abby (Cassie Steele) and Gray (Steve Byers) got married? Those crazy people! And now Abby is flying to Germany to be with him? Oh dear! I have such a bad feeling about this too. Remember how he said he didn't like anyone to see him off? I thought for a while that he was making the Air Force thing up and that he was just saying that to get in her pants - note that I don't like thinking this because I really like him, he's sweet and cute and dreamy and *sighs* - but then I noticed he was wearing a full uniform when he left so I'm hoping that he is telling her the truth and he does want her and everything turns out to be hunky dory.

Argh, I'm so annoyed at Simon (Michael Levinson) and Beth's (Dayle McLeod) Dad (Louis Ferreira) right now! What a complete tosser! He does have rights I suppose but I'm of the same opinion as Beth; that he voided those rights when he left them to live in their car, alone...plus Beth has proven that she can take care of Simon. If that were me and my little brother in that situation here in Australia, I would get custody. Eighteen is adult here, and when you are over the age of twelve you can opt who you want to live with and that is taken into consideration when deciding custody (I might have looked into this once or twice). After the whole complex stood up and stopped him from taking Simon as well... Wanker! In this situation, Beth did the right thing... Simon is the priority here.

Honourable mention to Rook (William Stewart), Kals cousin(?) / manager. When he said he knew Kal his whole life and that it was no big secret to him that Kal was gay, I had a little hope for him... But then the end of the ep, woah! Did not think he would go to those lengths to keep Kal...  And lastly, what a nice surprise to see Katee (Kate Todd) from season one for a frame or two! Love ye ol' characters.

Looks like I can't help but babble on about this show! Maybe you should watch it eh? *hint hint nudge nudge*

4 out of 5 red carpets...

This is the letter I should have written to my father but it's too late for that now, so I'm writing it to you instead. 

I was raised to be tough to not take anything from anyone. It's a lonely way to walk through this world. I spent my whole life trying to impress you, trying to please you. All it did was make me hate you, hate myself and when I finally found someone who loved me, who I thought I could love back, you made me hurt them, hurt them so they could never be unhurt. I tore that love apart and myself apart with it. I have wanted to die because I could not be who I wanted to be because I could not be who you wanted me to be, but I couldn't die any more than I could live. I'm tried of being here in this place that feels like nowhere, tired of caring what people think of me, I'm tired of being afraid. I've met someone that makes me want to breathe in this world again and I will not hold my breath a second longer. None of these lies I told made me stronger, none of the secrets I kept made me happier, so I'm going to try something else right now, I'm going to try telling the truth, my truth. 

My name is Sean Dougan AKA Kaldric King AKA The King of California. 
I'm gay.

Til Next Season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment