Thursday 18 October 2012

TV: The Vampire Diaries SE4 EP1

The Vampire Diaries
Drama, Fantasy, Horror


I've read these books by LJ Smith and the show could not be any further from them. Elena (Nina Dobrev) is blonde in the books for a start, she has a little sister not brother and when I say little, I mean she's not even in double digits yet. Also, Meredith (Torrey DeVitto) is actually one of her best friends... in fact, its Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Meredith who Elena hangs out with at school. Caroline (Candice Accola) is a bit more of a bitch too and she doesn't vamp up.

I have no idea why I still watch it... oh wait, yes I do; Ian Somerhalder *swoons* Probably the best casting choice in this whole thing as well, exactly how I pictured Damon. Even though I don't think Nina Dobrev is cast right for Elena, I still like her... Same with Stefan and Paul Wesley. I'd like to see those two in something else maybe.

The books annoyed me too actually. The series just got more and more ridiculous and I think I even got so lost in the fifth book that I stopped reading. If I'm looking at where the show is in relation to which book it would be... if I absolutely had to pick... we are still in the first book. So when Klaus (Joseph Morgan) came along I got really excited, he triggers a whole bunch of things in the books... he does in the show too but not the things I was hoping for, until now that is!

Finally! Elena is dead! You guys have no idea how long I've been waiting for this! Shame it didn't go the way of the books where Elena kills Katherine (also Nina Dobrev)... that's all I'm giving away...I think! Tyler (Michael Trevino) is actually Klaus... but everyone thinks Tyler is dead because Klaus should be and killing him kills his whole line of vampires/hybrids... I don't even know why Bonnie put him there...

Alaric (Matthew Davis) has gone nuts and if he's right, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) will end up going just as bonkers... and now his sister is a vampire what does that mean? Someone put Pastor Young (Michael Reilly Burke) in charge and he seems a bit...uh, righteous? He's arrested the Mayor Lockwood (Susan Walters) and Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) and is trying to capture everyone... but we haven't seen Alaric yet? I would have thought he'd be all out and about and taking charge of the town...

Anyway, I'm sick of talking about this...

2 out 5 drowned Elena's...
[Quote] 
Stefan to Matt (Zach Roerig): "No, no, you don't have to live with that, you get to live because Elena put your life before her own. so every morning you get out of bed, you sure as hell better earn it."

No comments:

Post a Comment