Thursday 15 November 2012

TV: Dexter SE7 EP7

Dexter
Crime, Drama, Mystery


This season has been going really well, I think. Now that I think about it, I don't think this show has ever been bad; very consistent.

The big bad of this season - Isaak Sirko played by Ray Stevenson (Thor, Kill The Irishman) - came out of nowhere didn't he and you know what? I think Dexter (Michael C. Hall) might have met his match with this one. He is one tough SOB. I'm not the only one who's figured out he and Victor (played by the awesome Enver Gjokaj who I've seen in pretty much everything; Dollhouse, Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-0) were lovers, am I? I'm a bit disappointed that we didnt get to see Sirko kill all those guy in the club, the fade out was annoying. Hopefully we'll get to see him in action soon.

Then there's Hannah McKay (Yvonne Stahovski from Chuck) . I saw that coming, I was actually surprised that he took her down and had her on his table in the first place... But now I'm worrying about Dexter with her; she kills with poison, how is he going to keep an eye out for that?

I was a bit surprised to see Sal Price (Santiago Cabrera) go so quickly, I thought he would hang around a while longer and be a pain in Dexter's ass... but Hannah took care of that didn't she? I knew she was going to get him via his chewing habit but what did she use this time for it not to show up in the Tox Screen? I thought for sure that she was going to get caught this time.

Finally, there's Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) who's figured everything about Dexter out and tried to rehab him like you would a drug addict, but when that doesn't work she tells him she doesn't want him in her sight, then picks him up from his latest kill scene! What the, Deb? Then she went that step further and pretty much asked Dexter to take out Hannah! How hypocritical! I do feel sorry for Deb though, everyone she has any interest in ends up dead or a deadbeat. Even Quinn (Desmond Harrington) is going off the rails again. He's going to get caught for nabbing that blood evidence that got Sirko off. The Koshkas aren't going to let him off this easily either, they can hold all of this above him for however long they want now.

So, the peak plot line is going to have something to do with one of these things... and let's not forget that LaGuerta (Lauren Velez) has Dexter's blood slide and is on the hunt for proof that the Bay Harbour Butcher is still alive and killing.... which he is! Even with Deb trying her hardest to convince her otherwise... maybe it'll end up taking them both down? What do you think?

3 out of 5 crime writers...

No comments:

Post a Comment