Saturday 17 November 2012

TV: American Horror Story SE2 EP5

American Horror Story
Drama, Horror, Mystery


This is one of my favourite shows on at the moment. I love a good horror/thriller and I've been trying to figure this season out. I know from last season that this episode was where everything changed for me and I think it will be the same with this season too. This episode definitely revealed a few things that I was wondering about.

I supposed I'll start by talking about Anne Frank (Franka Potente; you might recognise her from Run Lola Run!) and how I actually believed she was Anne Frank... she was very convincing. Then once the reveal came that she really was insane, I was thinking that she might still have seen Dr. Arden (James Cromwell) somewhere... and I was right! Just because she was a bit kooky didn't mean she hadn't seen him while she was researching Anne Frank and Nazis, the rest very well might be made up but she did recognise Arden! I thought her being lobotomised would kill her and it's just a little freaky that she's gone all Stepford Wife now.

Speaking of Arden and his crazy surgical adventures... how about what he did to the sex crazed Shelley (Chloe Sevigny from American Psycho)? I knew right away that the demon possessed Sister Eunice (Lily Rabe) had cleaned up after him... yeah, remember the demon possession? I have a feeling that's going to be terribly important to the rest of this season. What I want to know is why Eunice dumped what was left of Shelley near a school? I was highly amused at all the screaming and running though.

So Dr. Thredson (Zachary Quinto) is the real Bloody Face and he's taken Lana (Sarah Paulson) and no one knows she's even there... I never saw this coming, I thought he was honestly trying to help Lana. Is he even a real doctor? He did seem like he knew what he was talking about when he diagnosed Anne...

But what about Kit (Evan Peters)? When they were doing the recording I actually did think what a terrible idea it was and low and behold it was used against him as his confession. So now he gets the electric chair right? But Grace (Lizzie Brochere) saw Alma (Britne Oldford) alive! What the? I'm so confused. If Bloody Face AKA Thredson set Kit up, then who was the headless body if it wasn't Alma? and where is she now? Pregnant as well. Is it really aliens or has Bloody Face jacked them up on drugs to make them see things while he has his way with them? and if that's the case then how did he get to Grace and why wasn't she killed?

Finally; Sister Jude (Jessica Lange) has lost the plot and taken off. But she was right about Arden! I hope the guy she hired to find out more about him, actually does find out the truth. Wonder what's going to happen to Jude now...

4 out of 5 chomping teeth...

No comments:

Post a Comment