Monday 26 November 2012

TV: Dexter SE7 EP9

Dexter
Crime, Drama, Mystery


Have I mentioned how much I love this show? It has always been good from the very beginning, every episode, so consistently interesting and plot worthy. The characters are so likeable even the murderous Dexter (Michael C. Hall). This season is especially good, maybe it's just because it's new though. Pretty sure season one is my favourite so far. The characters and sub-plots this season are awesome and there is heaps more of Dexter's Dark Passenger being shown to more and more people. It makes everything a little more interesting; always on edge about whether he's going to get caught or not.

So Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) told Dexter that she's in love with him? Ugh. That is the one plot line that I was never too thrilled about and I actually thought it had disappeared for a while there. Not too happy it's back....but it is funny that Dexter reacted exactly as I thought he would. He's not exactly normal, he really does love Deb - and she might be the only one he really does love - and she knows everything now, she's covering for him... and they're not really related...but no, just, no!

In the last episode Dexter and Sirko (Ray Stevenson) were getting along great and what Sirko said about them being great friends if they met under different circumstances was right. I was thinking that maybe they should band together and the next second, they did! I didn't actually think that Sirko was going to forgive him and after he kidnapped Hannah (Yvonne Strahovski), I didn't think Dexter would let him go either. That ending to their feud was kind of... sweet? A bit too lovely for Dexter I thought. Hannah was never helpless either, poor Jurg (Andrew Kirsanov) didn't stand a chance.

Let's not forget LaGuerta (Lauren Velez), she's finally putting all the pieces together, linking Dexter to the blood slide. Now what will she do about it? From what I saw of the preview, it all starts coming coming out in the next episode. Maybe this is what will bring Dexter down? Maybe he won't die like I thought he might, maybe he'll end up in prison..

3 out of 5 fluffy ducks...
Cos, you know, it's fluffy... points off.

No comments:

Post a Comment