Monday 2 December 2013

TV: The Walking Dead SE4 EP8

The Walking Dead
Drama, Horror, Thriller


I had to write a post on this (even though I had other plans for today's post...) for a few reasons. I've been starting to hear complaints about this show, finally! I've been saying for a while that it's too much talk and not enough zombies, even though I've read the comics and they are almost following the same story line. All the talking is just so boring! After last week's episode I heard quite a bit more whinging... "Isn't this how last season ended?" Well, yeah.

I actually had a little bit of hope for The Governor (David Morrissey) when he found that family. Though when he killed Martinez (Jose Pablo Cantillo) I thought he might go even crazier and take out everyone but the little girl. Nope, instead he goes back to the same old stuff he was up to before and rallies the new camp behind him to take out the prison. I tried so hard not to spoiler this for people who haven't read the comics... but as soon as I saw that tank, I knew it was going over the fence.

This is actually a pretty major part in the comics because this is where Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and Carl (Chandler Riggs) lose Lori and Judy (I say lose because you never actually see them die...). Of course Lori is already gone... and now so is Judy. I'm actually surprised they didn't lose more people. Hershel (Scott Wilson) was gone as soon as The Gov caught him but I am surprised he didn't kill Michonne (Danai Gurira) first. Hershel couldn't run off and The Gov did have a vendetta against her. Silly.

I've been saying for a while now that it's not about the zombies anymore; they've almost figured out a way to deal with them so that they aren't a problem. It's all about the people now, the survivors and what they will do in order to continue living. But the repeat of The Governor is silly. I hope this is the last we see of him... though I will tell you there will be others like him further down the line.

My wildcard, Daryl (Norman Reedus) is still going. Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and Glenn (Steven Yeun) have been split up. Carl and Rick are on foot. Tyreese (Chad L. Coleman) will never die! Fences are down, prison is destroyed, they are all back on the road again! Will they run into Carol (Melissa McBride) do you think? I have a feeling it wasn't her that killed those people, I think she is covering for one of the girls. Hopefully the rest of this season will be a bit more exciting.

2 out of 5 eye patches...
PS. Mid-Season Finales AGAIN! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment