Monday 12 May 2014

TV: Mass Post... Part IV

Well, I do have a movies mass post half done (there will be several of those too) but I just watched a few finales and had to blog about them because I'm just so darn excited!

Once Upon A Time is welcoming (sorta) Queen Elsa from Frozen! Argh! I have to say this show is a guilty pleasure. My inner, fairy tale loving 8 year old girl is loving this show. Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) is so swoon-worthy, I'm so jealous right now. It does get sappy sweet but I can deal with that as long as baddies like the Wicked Witch (Rebecca Mader) and Elsa keep appearing (cos if you didn't know, Elsa is actually a baddie...). So cool. Shame Once Upon a Time in Wonderland didn't do so well; it's not been renewed for another season but I'm really glad they wrapped it up before finishing it. Nice happy ending, just like fairy tales are supposed to have.

I also just nabbed the first episode of Penny Dreadful, which I've been keeping an eye out for. Starring Eva Green, Timothy DaltonJosh Hartnett and Billie Piper, set in 19th century England and featuring favourite supernatural beings of the century? It's no wonder I've kept it in my thoughts. From the looks of it we will be dealing with Dracula and Frankenstein... Speaking of, that end scene was just brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season will bring. Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it goes.

Holy, mother flipping Revenge?! What an episode... Gobsmacked. That was twist after twist like a damn roller coaster. There is literally nothing I can say about this that won't be a major spoiler... The twist we all hoped they wouldn't use but knew was pretty much inevitable finally happened. This episode was so great! It would've been better without that particular scene though... I actually thought it was Victoria (Madeleine Stowe) coming to get him But now what? Aiden (Barry Sloane)... Jack (Nick Wechsler)... Victoria and Conrad (Henry Czerny)... David (James Tupper)! This show needs to be careful not to go too Bold & The Beautiful on us though.

If you want a show with more blood and boobs than Game of Thrones you should check out Banshee. If you aren't watching this, you should be, it's totally nuts! There's two short seasons so far and they are both explosively exciting with strong seasonal plot, the meanest looking Ukrainian mob boss, a tough as nails ex-Amish 'businessman', the biggest freaking American Indian I've ever seen, plus a whole heap more. Though I swear half the town died in the last episode... that is some crazy gun fighting going on there. Also, an awesome soundtrack. Do it!

I've decided I won't do a Game of Thrones update until the season's done. I just like to savor it plus there's enough spoilers out there (cough, books) that you don't need me doing it too. Movies next, promise!

Love Gee
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment