Friday 9 May 2014

TV: Mass Post... Part III

Pretty sure this will be the last TV post, then we can finally move onto movies and possibly books... then back to your regular programming. Huzzah!

I watched the entire series of Smallville since I stopped blogging... probably why I stopped blogging... but since then I've been addicted to Arrow as well. There's just something about superheroes and an extra something about superheroes with no actual powers. I'm loving this cast too; Stephen Amell (Heartland), Katie Cassidy (Gossip Girl), Summer Glau (Serenity), Manu Bennett (Spartacus) and Kevin Alejandro (True Blood). One more episode until season finale and the city is falling down around them. Will they be able to stop Slade's (actually) super army?

The Tomorrow People: why am I still watching this? I have no idea... Isn't it funny how they spent 18 or so episodes looking for Stephen's dad. Then they finally find him, bring him back from the dead and he lasts a whole two episodes before he's shot and dies again! And the whole time, Stephen (Robbie Amell) was the one who was the Savior. Ugh! I was really disappointed when Hillary (Alexa Vega from Spy Kids) blew herself up and still didn't manage to take out the founder! So annoying. At least the season wrapped up nicely... and then started with a whole new plot...

Another one I'm still watching without knowing why is Glee, even though sometimes I just skip through the songs. But I think we all know that with Glee club being disbanded and all our favourite characters growing up - and Cory Monteith - this will be the last season of Glee. Maybe that's why I'm still watching... and I need a little sweetness with all these action shows I watch. I normally cook dinner while watching this show too... excuses, excuses.

And these two, they come as a pair: The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. TVD is like: doppelgangers, kill them, eat them, die, die, stab, stab and yet they still always seem to get out of whatever scrape they're in. This time it's Travellers aka Gypsies... mmhrmm. Lucky for them, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is hot so I have to watch it. I actually prefer The Originals because Klaus (Joseph Morgan) is such a dick and I love to hate him. I enjoy Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Davina's (Danielle Campbell) characters. The reappearance of Mikael (Sebastian Roche) interests me as well.

I think I've mentioned my love for Nathan Fillion (Serenity) before and since the hubs and I started watching Castle we've really grown attached to Stana Katic (Quantum of Solace) as well: so purdy! We love the banter between the two of them and the next/last episode looks like it's the wedding! Hooray! Hopefully it won't end tragically like Castle tends to, the hubs and I are forever expecting another sniper now...

Revolution is one show I'm actually still enjoying. The whole idea of the nano and wanting to experience life is kinda cool and yet the nano is such a dick. It could easily take out their enemies or warn them or something but it hardly ever does, no humanity, no real understanding of life. It's probably going to end up running the world and deciding who gets to live and die. I think what I really enjoy about this show is the way all the different groups keep switching from being the good guys to the bad guys... you can never really tell who's in the right. Two more episodes of this season.

So many shows! And I haven't even mentioned Black Sails or House of Cards yet... I've still got a few episodes of the awesome Banshee to watch. I'm also storing up the second season of Vikings to watch in one big chunk. Orphan Black has just started up again and Orange Is The New Black is back very soon. Exciting season!

Love Gee
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment