Monday 9 June 2014

Movie: Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Edge of Tomorrow
Action, Sci Fi



Bloody Tom Cruise (Top Gun, Mission: Impossible)... Sometimes I wish he would retire, he creeps me out just a little bit. He's so tiny and old and he's still making these same movies over and over again... they've gotten more of a sci fi twist lately as well. I have to admit the movies he stars in are never crap but I'm always a little discouraged at him being the action male lead. It's probably just me...

Aliens have invaded and caused Groundhog Day... that's what I got from the preview anyway... This is the second film that I've watched lately that has aliens or machines that rip off the sentinels from The Matrix. Have the alien development departments not got any imagination anymore?

Also starring Bill Paxton (Agents of SHIELD, Twister), Brendan Gleeson (Harry Potter, Braveheart) and Emily Blunt (Devil Wears Prada, Looper), Edge of Tomorrow is very much like every other sci fi / action film you've ever seen starring Tom Cruise.

That is all.

3 out of 5 sentinels...

No comments:

Post a Comment