Sunday 15 July 2012

Movie: Kill The Irishman (2011)

Kill The Irishman (2011)
Biography, Crime, Thriller


This is the true story of an Irish mobster in Cleveland named Danny Greene. It stars Ray Stevenson (Upcoming season of Dexter, Thor) who looks a little like Ray Romano's brother in Everybody Loves Raymond.


You've got to be kidding me Val Kilmer (Batman Forever, Top Gun)! He's popping up everywhere now! He's the cop which is even stranger to me because I always love to hate his characters and this time he's playing the good guy? Damn. And then there's Vincent D'Onofrio (Law and Order; Criminal Intent) and Christopher Walken (Pulp Fiction) who need no introductions and always play the best bad guys. 


I freakin' love Vinnie Jones (Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels). That accent is so dirty - like Brad Pitt in Snatch *reow* - and that quick appearance by Bob GuntonI swear I've seen him in more than 24 and Royal Pains but I can't think where... and I couldn't get over the fact that his trusty sidekick reminded me of Drew CareyLove it! Awesome casting, awesome cast.

Basically Greene gets enmeshed in the mob. He borrows a large sum of money to start a restaurant and loses it, and suddenly everyone's trying to kill him.... and they fail, many many times.... It's pretty amusing actually. And then of course, someone finally got him. 

Good movie. 

3 out of 5 assassinations....

Movie Quote - "Badge or no badge I'll cut your heart out with a rusty butter knife and eat it while it's still beating" - Val Kilmer

No comments:

Post a Comment