Monday 2 July 2012

TV; True Blood SE5 EP4

True Blood
Drama, Fantasy, Mystery


I've taken to watching True Blood on a Monday evening with my little sister-in-law, Cassie (who is just amazing, take a look at her youtube *fans self*) and then a few weeks later rewatching them with my mum, which I absolutely love! Cass and I swoon over Alexander Skarsgard and Joe Manganiello, while Mum and I giggle over every sobbing face we see. Seriously, how often do those actors have to put on the tears?!

I have to say that I've loved this series so far. I watched the first season and was hooked just the same as everyone else, and immediately ordered all the books - Yes, for those who haven't realized, I read as well! I own eight of the set and swear I read one every couple of days until I had caught up. Needless to say, if you have read the books, the show is slightly different.

Last season I knew what to expect, this season I'm not so sure. The return of Russell was expected but I thought he would have stayed in the ground longer. I wonder who pulled him out. I have to say that I half thought he'd clawed himself free of his cement grave and until Bill and Eric started searching for who had rescued him, the thought hadn't even occurred to me. Now I wonder, who do you think? Maybe one of the Authority? But who knew that Russell was there?

After seeing tonight's episode, it occurred to Cass and I that maybe this season would be about the Fairy War that happened in the books? Alcide seems to be on the right track with the pack, and the Fairy club might have been Claudes? Readers, what do you think?

What the hell is going on with the Authority? Have I forgotten something from the books? Its been a while since I read them so maybe I'm missing something. Are they meant to represent the entire hierarchy of Kings and Queens? I do have to admit that I want to see the Vampire conference happen, but is this supposed to be it? Stabler looks freaking fantastic dripping in blood though, doesn't he? *dreamy sigh*

Tara being a vampire and Pam being a maker; both thoughts are as crazy as the other! Tara hates vampires, obviously denying the nature of being one; while Pam is the flip-side, flaunts being a vampire and is actually a pretty good teacher as it turns out! I really have been enjoying her flashbacks though and the goodbye scene between her and Eric was touching. Eric is so swoon worthy!

And finally, Terry. There is little to no mention of him in the books and honestly, up until now, I didn't think he had a script worthy story line in his character... ha! Interesting! But supernatural? It would be more surprising if it wasn't!

I hate waiting a week for this show! 

5 out 5 sparkly blood suckers.


1 comment: