Wednesday 26 September 2012

TV: Castle SE5 EP1

Castle
Comedy, Crime, Drama


My household freaking loves this show! It started with the awesomeness that is Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Buffy) which we just couldn't resist, and we've been addicted ever since! This show is very Murder She Wrote in the sense that a major crime novellest, Richard Castle, follows around the local homicide police in an effort to research for a new series based on head detective, Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). It's packed full of classic Fillion one liners and Stana? Phew *fans self*

If you're a regular viewer, you know last seasons finale was a HUGE deal! We've been waiting four seasons, four years for that final scene to happen and now it has! I know I was one of many who was cheering at the TV when Beckett showed up on Castle's doorstep dripping wet and telling him she needs him *swoons* Bout bloody time!

The opening scene for this season was just as good as the closing scene of last. Shirtless Castle, scantily clad Beckett, lots of innuendo... be still my beating heart, it's as good as I thought it would be! Oh the sexy banter! Boy, did I laugh when Castle freaked out about his Mum, Martha (Susan Sullivan) and daughter, Alexis (Molly C. Quinn) coming home while they were in bed. Beckett's evil eye as she hid in the closet and her own freak out when fellow cop, Kevin Ryan (Seamus Dever) knocked on her front door were definite highlights for me.

The file! Think that's the last copy of it? I was a bit disappointed Cole Maddox (Tahmoh Penikett) - who I recognise from Dollhouse - died so quickly but I'm glad he didn't get a shot off because it looked like he would've killed Javier Esposito (Jon Huertas)! At least he went out with a bang.... *snickers* But then good ol' Horn-Rimmed Glasses Guy (Jack Coleman from Heroes!) shows up and we all know he's going to be this seasons Big Bad... and there we go, he killed Montgomery and Kate's mum... Smart move by Kate, bluffing over having the file and protecting herself, wonder how long that will last.

Great first episode back, it had everything I wanted to see!

5 out of 5 screws....
[Quote]
Castle: "Man, if we got murdered right now, I'd feel so ripped off!"
Beckett: "Yeah, me too."
Castle: "At least we had last night, we should've done that four years ago."
Esposito: "Done what four years ago?"

No comments:

Post a Comment