Monday 22 October 2012

TV: Beauty & The Beast SE1 EP2

Beauty & The Beast
Crime, Drama


I wasn't going to watch this but I'd heard a little bit about it and being a sucker for anything new...or old... anything... I thought I'd give it a try. It's not too shabby, I 'spose. Typical beauty and the beast storyline, modernised and cop-show'ed.... yes, I'm making words up now, what about it?

Catherine Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) is the beauty who witnessed her mothers' murder and was saved from death herself by a mysterious humanoid beast. Years later, she has completed her education and is now a determined homicide detective. It's here that she runs into the supposedly deceased Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan who I recognised from Terra Nova and Neighbours) who is she discovers is her beastly saviour.

Keller signed up to a secret army project where they injected him with hormones and gene changing potions of some kind, causing a gene splice between him and some kind of animal. Apparently it was meant to create the perfect soldier with heightened senses and superior physical skills, which it did but when  their adrenaline kicks in these soldiers go all beasty and lose control of themselves. At least, that's the gist I'm getting...

Not sure why I started watching or why I'm going to continue watching, it's not that great and it's another cop show and I'm sure you know how I feel about too many cop shows...

2 out of 5 genetic mutations...

No comments:

Post a Comment