Sunday 21 October 2012

TV: The Mob Doctor SE1 EP4

The Mob Doctor
Crime, Drama


I've had this show sitting in the sidelines for a while now and when I got bored the other day - I know, strange and unbelievable but it does happen! - I started watching it. The very first opening scene caught me; the doctor pulled a screwdriver out of some guys forehead, and I watched every available episode after that.

So the story goes, Doctor Grace Devlin (Jordana Spiro) took on her brother Nate's (Jesse Lee Soffer) gambling debt to the Chicago Mob... now she does odd jobs for them like removing random objects from their goons. I'm gathering that the Devlin family had something to do with the mob long before Grace took on the debt though. Daddy was a drunk who got taken out by someone... it looks a lot like Constantine (William Forsythe) did it, even though he says he didn't... I'm also pretty sure Grace's mother, Daniella (Wendy Makkena) had some kind of romantic connection to Constantine after seeing them together, plus a few things Constantine has said along the way.

Grace has also been romantically connected to Franco (James Carpinello) who is Paul Moretti's (Michael Rapaport) right hand man, even beyond the grave! Goodness knows how this fits into everything considering Moretti was pushed out by Constantine when he threatened Grace. Franco was supposed to dispose of the body but found Moretti still alive and nursed him back to health. What is Franco doing? Even I'd prefer Constantine over Moretti and now he's putting Grace in danger by bringing Moretti back.

Next episode will be interesting. Who's going to come out on top, Constantine or Moretti? and what does this mean for Grace?

2 out of 5 screwdrivers...

No comments:

Post a Comment