Thursday 11 October 2012

TV: Gossip Girl SE6 EP1

Gossip Girl
Drama, Romance


I know, I know! This show is... not to my usual standards but I just cannot help myself! I have some kind of sick fascination with the back stabbing illuminati of the Upper East Side. Last season seemed a bit lackluster to me at first but now I'm looking back on it I realize how much stuff actually happened; I've gotten so used to these crappy short seasons that when I come across a long twenty-something episode one I go a little into shock.

Lets see how quick I can run through this. Last season; Bart Bass (Robert John Burke) returns from the dead with the help of Diana Payne (Liz Hurley) who then leaves to run a magazine in London, Bart ousted Chuck (Ed Westwick) from Bass industries blaming his obsession with Blair (Leighton Meester) over his lack of business acumen. Gossip Girl (Kristen Bell - the voice of GG) starts uploading parts of Blair's diary that Serena (Blake Lively) left on the laptop GG stole back, Blair kicks Serena out, so Serena goes and sleeps with Dan (Penn Badgley) and films it to get back at her. Dan is furious and tells Serena he doesn't want to see her again so of course Serena spirals and goes back on the drugs...again. Blair has to chose between Dan and Chuck and we all cheer when she gets back with Chuck... cos you know, how weird was it with her and Dan together? But Chuck says they can't be together yet after what just happened with Bart and Bass industries. Dan takes Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg) to Italy with him in order to use her viciousness to help him write his next book.

Meanwhile, Lily (Kelly Rutherford) has to decide between Bart and Rufus. Due to Bart being alive and the tension between her and Rufus (Matthew Settle) she decides that her marriage to Rufus is invalid because she's obviously still married to Bart... I know, confusing... and that's only two of her marriages! One of her other ex-husbands, William Van der Woodsen (William Baldwin), is discovered as Lola's (Ella Rae Peck) father... he'd had an affair with Lily's sister Carol (Sheila Kelley) and so Lily took revenge by sabotaging her court case and stealing her inheritance from Cece's (Caroline Lagerfelt) death. When Lola discovers she is a Van der Woodsen, William signs over her portion of the inheritance which she promptly gives to Ivy (Kaylee DeFer) to help her exact their revenge on Lily while Lola goes on tour with her acting group. Ivy moves in with Rufus. Nate (Chase Crawford) receives a copy of the video of GG stealing back her laptop and is in the process of trying to figure out who she is.

I think that's it... not as short as I wanted but I remembered a lot actually happened in that last episode. And now... Dan's pissed that Blair dumped him for Chuck and that they are not actually together, meanwhile he's been taking advice from Georgina on how to write his next best seller... She's determined that everyone be named and shamed in the next publication. Serena - who we all thought actually had died as GG told Nate - is alive and well and has dumped everyone she knew in life to start again... but then comes back to the Upper East Side anyway? I don't understand that...

I totally thought that Rufus was too smart to fall for the likes of Ivy... it kind of sickened me that they got together, gross! I thought he had guessed her game for a second there, maybe he has and is just playing along? Really convincingly? Ugh. I don't understand why GG traded the photos of her stealing the laptop for Serena's whereabouts... the photos don't show her face after all, it could have been anyone under that hood! How is that a breaking story?

With this season being the last of GG forever I'm hoping there will be some juicy storylines and possibly an in front of the camera shot of GG herself?! Come on guys, you have to give us that at least!

3 out 5 back stabbers...
[Quote]
I'd just like to point out that most serial killers are high functioning members of society who lead a double life. She could be trapped in the basement or buried in the backyard." - Georgina Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment