Wednesday 24 October 2012

TV: Homeland SE2 EP4

Homeland
Crime, Drama, Mystery


Holy crap! This is the episode I've been waiting for! I'm so damn excited right now.

So Saul (Mandy Patinkin) found Brody's (Damian Lewis) suicide tape and showed it to Carrie (Claire Danes), how huge is that?! She's back in the CIA now that they know she wasn't just off her rocker but was right about everything! Finally, and it seems like she's taking it all in stride so far though I don't doubt that she will lose her shit again sometime this season.

Brody has been getting too sloppy lately anyway what with the death of the tailor (who made the suicide vests) and Jessica (Morena Baccarin) kicking him out. It wasn't going to be much longer before he gave himself away anyway.

Who is this new guy that the boss David Estes (David Harewood) sent over... Peter Quinn (Rupert Friend). I haven't quite decided if I like him or not yet... but he seems to know what he's doing. Putting Carrie in front of Brody like he did was the right thing to do... at least until Carrie went a bit AWOL and blew everything wide open. Now how are they going to get to Abu Nasir (Navid Negahban)? Are they going to be able to get some information out of him before his army buddies figure something out and things get really out of hand?

I was nearly as triumphant about Brody's capture as Carrie was; so good.

If I remember right, it was about this episode last season that really caught me too, nice to see some consistency. Hopefully the end of this season will be just as mind blowing, even though I can't figure out what would top the capture of Brody.... maybe they'll catch Nasir? Or turn Brody back? Who knows!

4 out of 5 stings...
[Quote]
Peter: "I don't like surprises."
Carrie: "Yeah I'm not crazy about them either."
Peter: "Crazy, interesting word."

No comments:

Post a Comment