Saturday 9 November 2013

TV: The Crazy Ones SE1 EP7

The Crazy Ones
Comedy


Just a quick short review so that I can go study for my exam tomorrow!

I didn't know anything about this show until Sarah Michelle Gellar joined Twitter and tweeted about it. I was like; SMG and Robin Williams?! That's like my childhood right there, what could go wrong?

Well, it is funny... sometimes. Robin Williams is a comedy genius (as we all remember from Mrs Doubtfire, Patch Adams and one I watched just yesterday, Hook!) and it's so good to see him back on my screen. SMG (Buffy, duh! Cruel Intentions) does the stressed out, serious daughter thing so well that sometimes I'm embarrassed for Sydney but they balance each other, which I'm pretty sure is the whole point. Rest of the cast include James Wolk (Mad Men), Hamish Linklater (The Newsroom) and Amanda Setton (Gossip Girl).

I can imagine how hard this would be to film, I'm pretty sure a lot of Robin Williams' lines are improvised and I'm not sure how straight of a face I could keep while he's coming up with some of them. As you can see in the above video, Kelly Clarkson - who guest stars in the first episode - can't not laugh at some of the things coming out of his mouth. I think the short half hour eps are just what this show needs and I enjoy the closing credits or bloopers almost as much as the show itself. I'm not sure how well received it will be though...

3 out of 5 funny people...
PS. This is not an endorsement for this film, it sucked! Don't watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment