Thursday 21 November 2013

TV: Person of Interest SE3 EP9

Person of Interest
Action, Drama, Mystery


Holy crap! What an episode! The fandom are all up in arms over this one and I don't blame them. None of us saw that coming.

Finally Joss Carter (Taraji P. Henson - Boston Legal) with a little background help from Elias (Enrico Colantoni - Just Shoot Me!, Veronica Mars), managed to take down HR, a bunch of crooked cops who have been running the town. She finally captured the head honcho and then just had the problem of getting him through police blockades set up by HR to the FBI building. Sounds simple right? Well with a little help from everyone's favourite silver fox, John Reese (Jim Caviezel - The Passion of The Christ) she makes it through the blockades only to get stuck in the morgue.

Let's talk about the kiss shall we. Ok, yeah, I knew John had a little crush on Carter but for some reason I never thought anything would come of it... I suppose nothing has come of it but we'll get to that in a minute. I felt a little weird watching it, maybe because John is so calm and unemotional most of the time. Though I'd feel less weird if Shaw (Sarah Shahi - Alias) suddenly got it on with John, they're matched, ha! Also, I just read somewhere that the kiss was unscripted and they just went with it... that makes sense to me.

In saying all that, they couldn't kill Carter off without the kiss and if I knew she was going to die I might have thought differently of it at the time. But I honestly thought they were going to kill John off and have Shaw take over. I never for a second thought that Harold (Michael Emerson - Lost) would let Root (Amy Acker - what hasn't she been in! Dollhouse is one of my favourites) out, and he didn't thank goodness! But I thought John was done for when he jumped out the vent to take on HR by himself, leaving Carter locked in the morgue. But of course, somehow they got through that too, as they always do!

Then I thought maybe Fusco (Kevin Chapman) was going to bite it, especially when Shaw turned up at his place to save his kid and then there was that almost teary explanation as to why she couldn't save him too! Shaw does have feelings! Then Fusco kicked some ass! Very cool, I love it when the underdog ends up coming out on top!

Even after they delivered the HR head honcho to the FBI, I kept my eye out for Simmons (Robert John Burke - Gossip Girl, Law & Order: SVU) and when he didn't show up I was thinking that maybe they would spend the rest of the season looking for him. In fact, I had it all planned in my head; Elias would turn into the big bad again now that HR was out of the picture, John and Carter would have to try stop him from doing too much bad, then Simmons would reappear and they would join forces to take him down. Viola, end of season.. after all this is only Ep 9! But no, John and Carter get caught unawares and shot... I'm pretty sure Carter clipped him in the shoulder still.

So Carter is dead, John is going to lose his cool and beat some people up in the rest of this season. Maybe the Elias/Simmons thing will still play out as I think....but no Carter. *sobs* Poor John. And what a closing scene! The phone ringing, Harold just standing there, John crying over Carter. Wow. So good.

This is one of the hubs favourite shows right now. Love John's dry cool style, as always. Fantastic episode. What happens next though?

4 out of 5 silver foxes...

No comments:

Post a Comment