Thursday 30 January 2014

TV: American Horror Story SE3 EP13

American Horror Story
Drama, Fantasy, Horror


Ok, I've heard good and bad things about this finale and I have to agree with both. The Stevie Nicks music video at the very beginning of this episode is overkill. She's already had a feature in an entire episode, stop being so greedy! Yeah, yeah, she's like massively famous and rumored to be a witch so it's kinda smart I suppose but like I said, one episode is enough Stevie. Plus, that lip syncing was terrible!

This season - Coven - started off really slowly, I was actually very disappointed at first but it's really picked up in the last few episodes. I was so excited when I saw Kathy Bates (Misery, Fried Green Tomatoes) was guest starring in this season, that was huge! And what a character she played, fantastic. I hope she will be in next season too.

Poor Misty Day (Lily Rabe), what a sweet girl and I did so hope for her to be the new Supreme. I did not expect her to die that's for sure... actually I'm surprised at how many of them did die this episode. Once Misty was out of the running I thought for sure that Zoe (Taissa Farmiga) would be the Supreme... then she died too. Just when we thought that Madison (Emma Roberts) - the bitch - was going to be the Supreme. Thank goodness she wasn't! I'm not surprised that Kyle (Evan Peters) killed her, I wanted to strangle her too. Cow. 

I'm not at all surprised that the Supreme turned out to be Cordelia (Sarah Paulson), or that Fiona (Jessica Lange) was still alive. I knew that when Cordelia saw the vision of the Axeman (Danny Huston) killing Fiona that it wasn't quite right. Then when they were hugging I thought for sure Fiona would stab Cordelia in the back... oh well, I suppose it had to end somehow.

I was totally surprised about Myrtle (Frances Conroy) burning at the stake - again! I thought for sure after half the coven had been killed that she would stick around just to make up the numbers. But of course she was right and Cordelia had already put the word out about the coven, so more witches would be joining soon. Still, who would volunteer for that?!

Three seasons and I think season two - Asylum - is my favorite so far. We've had murders and ghosts, crazy people and more ghosts, and finally witches and voodoo; what will be next do you think? I love how this show changes every season and recycles most of it's cast. It's good to see that they can actually act and continue to convince us of their characters each season.

4 out of 5 cauldrons...
Honorary mention to Denis O'Hare as the help, the demented butler, Spalding. I didn't recognize him!

No comments:

Post a Comment