Tuesday 6 May 2014

TV: Mass Post... Part I

Hey guys! I've been pretty darn terrible at keeping up on this lately, sorry... I could blame uni but we all know I go through phases of writing. I've done a lot more reading lately than anything else and there will be a post coming up about that...but right now, let's stick to TV. Seasons are not quite over with yet but there are a few things I've been wanting to share, so we'll do a quick run through of some of the standouts.. or not so stand outs...

Firstly: The Walking Dead Season 4 finale.... What. The. Actual. F. That was sooo not a finale. I literally had to double check and make sure I hadn't gotten it wrong and was watching the second to last episode but no, that disappointing ending was actually it... I don't think a season finale has ever annoyed me so much, especially after last season and the fall of the prison. Come on dudes! I swear this show agitates me more and more and yet I'm still watching it. Maybe I should stick to the comics.

The Blacklist has been a stand out for me this season. James Spader is brilliant! The entire season has been ups and downs while still having good episode and season plots, and it's finally all falling apart and coming together now. What is Reddington (Spader) up to? Who is Tom Keen (Ryan Eggold)? I have a feeling the mysterious Berlin is someone we know, why hide their face until now otherwise? One episode left of the season! What will we find out? Eek, so good.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D started out pretty lame but it's gotten better since the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which I will try not to spoil for anyone just yet) and the betrayal of Ward (Brett Dalton) - which I still only half believe, by the way. I am so pissed at him, especially after the Skye (Chloe Bennet) thing. Ugh, so frustrating. But that's the way TV shows go eh? I'm also wondering whether Cobie Smulders will be hanging around permanently now that HIMYM is done. One more episode after today's and that's the end of that season too. I'm still judging.

Speaking of How I Met Your Mother... how sad/happy was the series ending?! I miss that show so much already but I love that it came full circle back to Robin (Smulders) and Ted (Josh Radnor). Screw you people hating on it! I watched the Inside the Actor's Studio after the finale and luuuuurved the ending of that! Watch it:


I'm still watching Supernatural though this is about the 4th season that I've berated myself for doing so. They have been going for 9 years now and the repetition is beyond ridiculous... but I just can't seem to help myself. No matter how many times Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) break up, or Castiel (Misha Collins) dies, I still have to watch it. There's a couple more episodes of this season but it will probably just keep going like it always does...

I'm terribly excited by the return of Californication. These episodes are always too short and the show has really short seasons too; it's like it's here and then it's gone before you know it. I miss Tim Minchin from this season but the addition of Heather Graham was a good move... gosh she looks fantastic. Last season was pretty massive and this season is looking like it will be too. Waiting for a few things to blow up in Hank's (David Duchovny) face as per usual...but the season has only just started. Huzzah!

That's enough for now... I may have to do a Part II though, so many new shows I have yet to mention and a couple of other usual ones, some returning for second seasons, and of course, Game of Thrones but I'm going to wait until that one gets a bit more exciting. I will try get a movies and book mass post done too. Stay tuned!

Love Gee
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment